Here in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, it doesn’t get cold down in our neck of the woods too often. But when it does you may want to warm up with this chicken and rice soup recipe. It takes only 20 minutes of prep time and 45 minutes to cook. And with lots of lemon to enhance the flavor, this recipe may even be something you enjoy all year long.
One of the great things about this recipe is that there’s a fairly good chance you have all these ingredients in your home already. If not, here’s what you’ll need to add to your grocery list.
- Garlic and onion
- Chicken broth
- Chicken breast
- Long-grain white rice
- Fresh dill
- Fresh spinach
- Sauté the onion. Then, when it becomes fragrant and translucent, add your fresh garlic.
- Next, add your whole chicken breasts and rice. Pour your broth and water over everything and bring it to a boil.
- When the chicken is cooked, pull it out, and use forks to shred it into pieces. You can let the rest of the soup simmer.
- Next, return your shredded chicken and add your carrots, celery, salt, pepper and dill. Let your soup simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Finally, stir your spinach and lemon juice into the mix. Once the spinach has wilted your soup will be ready to eat.
You might also like: Stand Out In The 2023 Nissan Rogue
Chicken Soup With Rice: The Book
Chicken soup is synonymous with comfort. It may be your go-to meal when your sick. Metaphorically, it’s provides relief in the book series: Chicken Soup for the Soul. And chicken soup can even be used to teach kids about the months of the year. Maurice Sendak, author of Where the Wild Things Are, penned a book entitled, Chicken Soup with Rice: A Book of Months. It introduces months and seasons to kids and shows that chicken soup is indeed a delicious meal any time of the year.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.