Buying versus leasing is an age-old dilemma for car shoppers. Both methods will get you what you’re really after – an amazing vehicle – and both have their own set of advantages. As a smart car shopper, you’re going to want to explore all of your options to make sure you’re making smart financial decisions for your needs and lifestyle. Read on to discover some of the key differences between buying and leasing and determine which is right for you.
Advantages of Buying
The tried-and-true car purchase is a no-brainer. If you’re paying out of pocket, you will simply hand over the cash and get your new car in return. If you’re going the financing route, you’ll want to value your trade, do the math and figure out how much you’ll need to borrow, and then find a great loan offer with low rates and attractive monthly payments (hint: If you’re doing business with a dealership like Lee Nissan, we’ll take care of all that for you!).
Buying a car appeals to people who:
- Like to own their vehicle and attach pride and sentimental value to it.
- Like to customize their vehicle with window tint, exterior accessories, non-factory paint jobs, and the like.
- Are looking to build or repair their credit by making timely and consistent payments on their auto loan.
Advantages of Leasing
Leasing is a whole different animal – and one that appeals to many car shoppers for a variety of reasons. The first and most compelling is this: Leasing often means lower monthly payments than you would get with an auto loan. There’s also the consideration that with a lease, you won’t actually own your car or be paying toward ownership. Instead, the payments you make during your lease term go to pay for your use of the car throughout this period.
Leasing a car appeals to people who:
- Enjoy driving the latest and greatest models on the market.
- Prefer shorter commitment terms and the ability to trade up within a few years.
- Like the simplicity of lease-end returns, with no uncertainty about what to with your car when your lease contract is over.
You might also like: Why Buy Certified Pre-Owned?
Which Way to Go?
The bottom line is, there is no right or wrong choice when it comes to buying or leasing. And if you would like personalized guidance as you make the best decision for your own needs, turn to Lee Nissan Fort Walton Beach. Our financing and leasing experts will listen to your needs and help you figure out whether buying or leasing best suits your lifestyle. Contact us today and let’s get you on the road to finding your perfect new or used car!