When you think of spring cleaning, you probably envision scrubbing baseboards, dusting ceiling fans, and tackling nooks and crannies all over your home. But your house isn’t the only place that accumulates dirt, debris, and clutter over the long winter months. Your vehicle could use some TLC, too. There’s no better time than right now to get your Nissan back in sparkling shape outside and in.
Spring-Clean Your Car
If you take things one step at a time, making your Nissan shine the way it should is not the major undertaking it might seem at first. Follow this handy guide and you’ll be ready to ride in no time.
Start with the outside:
- Scrub the tires. Use a cleanser specially designed for tires and a firm brush to get the gunk out.
- Wash the body. Using a carwash cleanser and two buckets – one filled with soapy water and the other with dirty rinse water – wash the body from top to bottom.
- Hose off the underside of the car.
- Use a clean microfiber towel to dry the car.
Move on to the interior:
- Get rid of clutter. This is your chance to dispose of accumulated snack wrappers, store receipts, and other bits of trash that makes its way into your vehicle over time.
- Wipe down surfaces using a mild multi-purpose cleansing spray and a microfiber cloth.
- Vacuum seats, floors, floor mats, and trunk.
- For leather upholstery, use a cleanser specifically formulated for leather.
- Wipe down windows with glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth.
- Clean floor mats with soapy water (for rubber mats) or carpet cleaner (for carpeted mats).
You might also like: Warning Signs That Your Brakes Need Maintenance
Lee Nissan Fort Walton Beach
If the fresh starts of springtime have you thinking about starting fresh with a new vehicle, Lee Nissan Fort Walton Beach can help. At our Nissan dealership serving Pensacola and Panama City Beach, FL, we have a remarkable selection of new Nissan models and used vehicles of all kinds. And our inventory is so broad and diverse that there are multiple great options here to meet every driver’s needs, desires, and budget. Explore our inventory online now and then head to our dealership when you’re ready to test drive your favorites and find out how much you can save!